Friday, October 26, 2012

it's the end of the world as we know it/weekend update.

Holla holla it’s the weekend! After the great root canal debacle this week, I am so ready for the weekend. Amidst preparing for the GREATEST FRANKENSTORM HURRICANE NOR’EASTER HALLOWEEN STORMPACALYPSE (if you haven’t heard about this storm yet – and how haven’t you? – we are poised to be hit with a storm like none ever seen, for real. A nor’easter with a delicious hurricane center.) we have other stuff to do. Here’s what’s up:
 
 
In just a bit, I am heading out to Jane’s school, where I am volunteering at the Halloween Bingo party tonight. Greg is bringing Jane a little bit later. Considering there’s a very good chance that Halloween will be canceled again this year (oh, didn’t I mention? This storm will land on the one year anniversary of Snowtober last year.) this may be her only chance to dress up in her costume. What is she going to be, you ask? Why, a butterfly fairy princess. What is that, you say? Ummm….I’ll let you know later. She seems to think she’s prepared, so I’m following her lead.
 
ETA: Apparently this is what a butterfly fairy princess looks like. Also - the bingo was super-fun.
 
 
Tomorrow Jane and I will be attending one of her besties’ birthday party. It is a Pinkalicious party, and I have it on good authority that there will be pink cupcakes so I am thrilled. Tomorrow night, I’m driving about two hours to go see a friend in Rocky Horror Picture Show. I’ve never seen this show or movie, can you believe it? I’m not sure I’ll like it, but I sure do like my friend, so I’ll be there. I plan to entertain myself with frightening weather forecasts on the ride there and back. Stories of destruction and mayhem are sure to keep me awake!
 
 
Sunday we will root around the state for any leftover batteries, candles, water and non-perishable food items in the stores. You may think I’m joking but I am already hearing about major grocery stores being out of water. THE GROCERY STORE DOESN’T HAVE WATER.
 
Hopefully they’ll still have beer.
 
What are you up to this weekend?

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

OH MY GOD I LOVE ROCKY HORROR! Will you be dressing up? Bringing props? Inviting me??